Home » BornFree Buzz, Events, Featured, Headline, Notes From Motherhood

Do You Watch Tori & Dean?

24 June 2010 15 Comments

Do you watch Tori & Dean? I do! I was watching the Slice network one evening and stumbled across the show and have been hooked ever since. Seeing Tori Spelling wrangle her two kids reminds me of….well me. There’s something very honest and down to earth about the way she presents herself. It’s easy to think that celebrity moms live stress-free, drama-free, teething-free lives but when it comes down to it, they’re moms just like us.

Tori and Dean’s daughter, Stella, recently turned two and guess which BPA-free company was at the party?

The new adorable pink Trainer Cups and Twist N’Pop Cups were all over the place! Tell me that this isn’t the cutest shade of bubblegum pink you’ve ever seen in your life.

While the Hollywood moms and I do have quite a bit in common it’s not fair for them to get all the perks of being famous so BornFree is giving away a pink Trainer Cup and pink Twist N’Pop Cup to a person who leave comments below!

In the comments below share either one thing you’d love about being a Hollywood mom or one reason you’re glad NOT to be a celeb mommy! I’d love the occasional red carpet movie premier but would not enjoy having photographs being taken of me every time I left the house (sometimes I look downright scary).

Link to Trainer Cup info

Link to Twist N’Pop Cup info

Good luck! For a bonus entry, share on Facebook or click “Like” and let us know you’ve done so.

Update: The three winners are:

• Leslie with the email address p*****@yahoo.com
  • Sarah with the email address s********@gmail.com
  • Claire with the email address c******@telus.net

Congrats!

• Stephanie said:

Okay, not going to lie when I’d say I’d love to be a celebrity mom, for the fact of the money! Who wouldn’t want to give their child any and everything they wanted? BUT

I am thankful I’m not. I am glad I have a (somewhat) free schedule, and get to raise my daughter with my husband. Most celebrity children have nannies who take care of them 24/7 and I’m glad I have the time to pick what she is going to wear, what she is going to eat, where we are going to go etc. Celebrity parents really dont know what it’s like to be a parent half of the time, because they barely see their own children. I’m glad I’m a regular old mommy :)

I wouldn’t want to be a celebrity mom for the same reason as you, the whole pictures when I stepped out the door thing would really freak me out to become a hermit. Also, I wouldn’t want people criticizing everything I did for sport.

Only bonus to being a celebrity mom would be all the freebies you probably get from companies (instead of trying desperately to win at blog contests lol.

• Sarah said:

Well the one nice thing that would come with being a hollywood mom, would be the ability to travel in style with your children. Private chartered jets, and limosines would make traveling with a toddler and an infant so much easier. But the idea of never being able to leave your house without perfect hair and makeup because of the papparazzi is terrifying. I have to admit, I sometimes love taking my toddler to daycare in sweats with my hair not being done!

• kim said:

I have watched the show and was quite suprised to see that my grandson uses the same products that celebrities use. I feel bad for children that are thrust into the public eye because they don’t really have a choice. I also feel bad for the grandmother whose issues with her daughter were aired out in public! That being said, you don’t have to be a celebrity to use fantastic products!
    $

• Veronik said:

I liked on facebook!

• Veronik said:

I wouldn’t want to be a hollywood mom because your kids are always in the spotlight. I love that my daughter can be a little dirty sometimes and nobody runs around to take a picture of her like that (except maybe the grand parents! hihi).

• Krystal said:

I would have to say that its so nice to see that tori uses the same products as my family. It really shows that celebrity moms go through the same things as us “regular” moms.
    But I am glad that I’m not a celeb mommy and that I’m just plain old Aislynn and Ella’s mommy. :) when I walk out the door there’s no paparazzi trying to get sneak peaks at my children and along with my husband, we get to raise our own children, not a nanny, like the celebs have!
    I love born free products! :)

• Krystal said:

I also “liked” on facebook!

• Krystal said:

I also “liked” on facebook!!

• leslie said:

It would be nice even for a day. Just to feel what a celebrity goes through in a day. It is nice to see though that celebs are like regular moms. It was nice to see she uses the same bottles I do. In the end though they are just people too, just get better perks than we do.

I do like the fact that I can be home with my 3 young girls. Being a celeb would mean rarely being home. I feel celebs either have a nanny or miss out on a lot of their children firsts. These are things you can never get back.

So in the end I prefer to be just a regular mom that my children love and sometimes make me feel like a celeb for the day :)

I’m not going to lie. There *are* times when I wish I had a personal shopper, a personal cook, a driver, a housekeeper, and a nanny for my daughter. Then I realize that despite how difficult it is to do ALL of those jobs in the span of 24 hrs, I’m glad I have the opportunity of being able to do it myself. At times I think I’m going insane, but then I look at my sweet Little One’s face and know it’s all so worth it. It’s worth every moment of insanity, sleep deprivation and screams from teething pains.

• sue said:

I would not, sure the money would be nice but I wouldn’t want to give up my stay at home mom job for all the money in the world. I would rather have the memories of my children.!!

The money would be nice, but I would hate to be in the spotlight all the time. Much rather be a ‘regular’ mom ;0

• Jenn said:

Im glad im not a celeb mommy, because i like raising my kids away from the city, in the country where they can play, roam our property and not have to worry about where they are at every second.

• Love said:

It was a good little story kind of like a rerdaes digest story for adults but the treatment is nothing new and you get the treatment from your urologist for a lot cheaper i am wondering why his urologist did not prescribe the treatment I tried the clinic he’s referring to and it is very expensive they wanted $1400 for a 6 month treatment i believe my urologist give me a script for the trimix with insurance it was $11 for one month supply $2 dollars more then what we paid for the book lol i gave it a 1 because the writer seem genuinely informative.