Home » Featured, Notes From Motherhood

Help us pick the next BornFree Mom Panel Member!

29 July 2010 24 Comments

The BornFree Mom Panel was announced today! Two awesome Canadian mom bloggers who have been contributing blogs were selected.

Check them out here: http://bornfreemom.ca/mom-panel/

The moms on the BornFree Mom Panel will be blogging on this website! We have another Panel member coming on in late August but still have a fourth spot available.

Instead of picking the fourth Panel Member ourselves, we decided to leave it up to our Facebook fans!

Who will our next BornFree Mom Panel Member Be?

You choose!

If you’re a Canadian mom blogger who would like to join the panel, just leave a comment with your blog URL and why BPA-free products are important to you! One blogger will be chosen to be on the panel. Her blog will be linked from BornFreeMom.ca, she’ll receive complimentary BornFree products, and she’ll be paid! The blogger will also receive a snazzy banner for her website.

Three finalists will be voted on by our Facebook Fans. All three finalists will win 2 Trainer Cups and 2 Twist N’Pop Straw Cups! People who nominate bloggers will also win prizes at random (pacifiers, bottles, teethers, and more).

Good luck!

• Shari said:

BPA free products are important to me, as I really don’t like the thought of chemicals seeping into my baby’s food/drinks. I love my Born free products, and I think that it would be awesome to be a panelist.

• Melissa said:

BPA-free baby products are important to me because I know I cannot control what chemicals my boys come into contact with when they are grown, but I can control what they come into contact with right now. I just had baby boy #3 and am trying to rediscover my blogging mojo — being a panelist would be a lot of fun for me!

• Krystal said:

BPA free products are important to me because I think it’s my job as a Mom to make sure my daughter has the best and safest products on the market. Born Free has always been our go-to product line for bottles, soothers, sippy cups and formula holders because we know by choosing them we are offering our daughter safe and chemical free products.

• Amanda DeGrace said:

I write through many channels as its become a way for me to connect with the mom community! You can currently find me blogging about my business at littlelotusyoga.ca and sharing my personal adventures as a new mom at namastemommy.wordpress.com and at PTPA Media Panel of Moms (www.ptpamedia.com) & Tools for Schoosl (www.toolsforschools.ca) I get a lot of writing done as my little guy likes to nurse non stop! My family is a BPA free family who think of the environment first as we are aware of its impact on our minds and bodies! Its important that we demonstrate to our children the importance of being aware of what is in our products so they can pass on the knowledge becoming healthy and happy. Born free products are wonderful and deserved to be shared with the world!

• Jen said:

Hi! I’m Jen from Nova Scotia.

Why are BPA Free products important to me?

Because they’re my kids. They’re the love of my life and It’s my honor to provide them with the best start in life that I possibly can.

When I use a product that is BPA free I know that for this one drink, this one bottle, my kids are NOT injesting those harmful chemicals. One of my worries as a parent is how much BPA was my oldest son exposed to already. We didn’t realize the possible illness’ that are attached to BPA when he was a baby. My youngest however, has been BPA free since birth!

• Ruthann said:

I am about to give birth to my first baby in just over a week’s time. I am so excited about welcoming our little girl into the world, and it is SO important to me to protect her in every way I can. I want her to have the best possible start in life, and thats why it is so important to me to use BPA free products. I haven’t met her yet, but she is the love of my life.

I have been blogging my pregnancy and can’t wait to be an official ‘mommy blogger’. Thanks so much for considering me for this fantastic opportunity. My blog can be found at ruthannisbecomingamom.blogspot.com

As a mom I became even more concerned about our home – more specifically, the health of our home. The moment I found I was pregnant I realized that it was not only my health that was important but also the health of our new life!

The research began for products that were safe. BPA free products are the only plastics used in our home and it has been an interesting journey. I was shocked, as were many people, to learn about the many products that contain BPA (receipts coated in it) and I feel that it’s a must to share this information with other moms!

Making our home as healthy as possible leads to making our WORLD as healthy as possible – What do you have without your health?

We like to live a stylish, healthy and green lifestyle – there can be a combination of the three!

Thanks for the consideration Bornfree, We are a big fan of your innovations through the bottle industry.

• Julia said:

It’s important to me to use products that are BPA free because ensuring my kids can grow and thrive without the interference of harmful substances has to be one of my top priorities. I gave my kids the best start in life by breastfeeding but when I couldn’t I made sure to use products like Born Free. In fact when the BPA stuff came down the pipe Born free was one of the first bottles I bought. Kids these days are hammered from everywhere with pollution and chemical and every small step we can make to reduce that is beneficial. Not to mention the reduction of harm to the environment.

• Brandee said:

I think it is very important for all of us to be careful of what we may be putting into our bodies. As a mother, protecting my childrens health is a big part of the “motherhood” position. As I have grown older I have become aware of so many things that were once considered okay but are now considered unhealthy. BPA free products for my children allow me a way to help protect my childrens health, growth, and development.

• stacey said:

I’m an all – natural, single mama of one adorable baby boy, with another on the way. We eat homemade, fresh, local and whole, so why wouldn’t I chose the best for his bottles too?

There’s a wonderful Mom blogger that I think would make a great Mom Panel Member. Her name is Kady!

• Rhonda said:

Hey. Bornfree is important to be because i run a daycare and want the best for my daycare kids. I would Love to be panelist for bornfree. Something that wont hurt child is awesome.

• Amber said:

My name is Amber and I would love the opportunity to be a member of the Born Free Mom Panel!! I strongly believe that we all have the opportunity to make a difference and improve our planet, our environment and our communities by taking small steps in our everyday life.

Just as its important to ensure that we take care of our planet in everything we do, its important that we care for our bodies every step of the way. I want my son to grow up strong and healthy and ensuring that he isn’t inadvertantly consuming chemicals such as BPA is one small thing I can do to help make that happen.

I understand the conundrum that we face as parent’s trying to provide for our children without living beyond our means. Quality products at affordable products, like Born Free bottles, make it possible for parents to ensure our children are getting healthy (BPA-free) products without breaking the bank. I would be proud to be a member of the Born Free Mom Panel!

Thank you for your consideration.
    Amber :)

• Sarah said:

If you could bubble wrap your children and keep them safe from harm, I am sure that you would. But you can’t. So why not take every step, make every effort, to keep them safe from the harms that we know about. I wouldn’t pour a harmful chemical into my child’s mouth knowingly, so why wouldn’t I choose a BPA-free product. Safe, affordable, and effective alternatives are available – why would you expose your child to something harmful when there is truly no need. They have a lifetime of risks – give them the best start.

• Jenn of the Roof said:

I’d love to join your Mom’s panel! We are a natural living family – I feel strongly about what we’re trying to accomplish because it’s important to me that my family lives long, happy lives. We’re constantly trying to rid ourselves of the chemicals in our lives…and they’re EVERYWHERE! But since every small step counts, things like BPA free products, especially for my young kids, are SO important! I feel very strongly about our responsibility as parents to make sure our kids are safe, and are getting the best of everything possible.

• Diana - Teacher Mom said:

As a Canadian mom blogger based in Toronto, I know that products containing BPA are of global concern. It is a particularly hot topic amongst moms and dads who seek to provide only the healthiest and safest options for their children. As a mother of two, I worry constantly about what potential toxins my children could be exposed to and the ramifications of such. It goes without saying that there are so many factors that seem out of our control but, as parents, we decide what we bring into our home. The minute I heard that the baby bottles we had been using for our daughter had been recalled for containing BPA, we immediately switched to BornFree and felt reassured knowing we had made the right choice. With BPA-free products, we can help ensure that those we hold most dear are protected against the harmful effects from the use of toxic products. This is why I feel it is important to educate ourselves on how we can lead a BPA-free life. This is why I want to be a BornFree Mom Panelist.

• Angela Hickman said:

I’m a HUGE BornFree fan! I’m very concerned about what I give my child and I am so glad that Born Free is BPA free. I have recently switched all my sippy cups to born free Twist N Pop Straw Cups. They are amazing. I was thrilled when I got to review them and my little Babybug loves them! I hope I’m chosen to be on the BornFree Mom Panel.

• Carrie Dodd said:

Born free is important to me because it’s BPA free. I know it’s hard to be able to protect our children from everything bad that’s out there but at least Born Free helps us choose products that are safe for our children.

• toy grills said:

Hey mate, thanks for sharing but this page isn’t vewable in IE it is doubled up.

• John said:

I have read so many posts about the blogger lovers except this paragraph is genuinely a pleasant paragraph, keep it up.

• Garcinia Cambogia Reviews said:

18 but started smoking before entering the U.

• http://ricardoalfonsinblog.com/profile-12675/info/ said:

If you would like to improve your know-how simply keep visiting this
    web site and be updated with the latest information posted here.

• www.femtob.com said:

We absolutely love your blog and find almost all of your post’s
    to be what precisely I’m looking for. can you offer guest writers to write content for you personally?
    I wouldn’t mind writing a post or elaborating on a lot of the subjects you write about here.
    Again, awesome website!

• the ladder can be folded hem ai 1 said:

Excellent blog here! Also your website loads up very fast!
    What web host are you the usage of? Can I am getting your affiliate link for your host?
    I want my website loaded up as quickly as yours lol