Home » Featured

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

11 October 2010 15 Comments

Whether you call it “Thanksgiving” or “Jour de l’Action de grâce”, we hope you’re having a happy one!

Here are some Thanksgiving quotes to live by! In the comments, let me know which one is your favorite. One person who comments will win a BornFree Drinking Cup!

1. As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.  ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy

2. Forever on Thanksgiving Day
The heart will find the pathway home.
~Wilbur D. Nesbit

3. Gratitude is the sign of noble souls.  ~Aesop

4. Got no check books, got no banks.  Still I’d like to express my thanks – I got the sun in the morning and the moon at night.  ~Irving Berlin

5. Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.  ~W.T. Purkiser

The winner is Valerie with the email address: vale*******@hotmail.com

• Karen said:

I like #4. No matter what- things can always be worse, so there is always something to be thankful for :)

• Jamie said:

I love number 3, gratitude IS the sign of noble souls!

• Roxanne said:

I like #3 Gratitude is the sign of noble souls.

The one by JFK is my fav (#1)

• Cassandra said:

I like #4, we always consentrat on the bad things in life and realy forget about the good.

• jen said:

I like number 2 kinda saying to me even if we can’t be home with our family for thanksgiving our heart aways will be!! :)

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Really like this one :)

• Evelyn said:

#2 is my favourite one because Thanksgiving is when all of our family members can get together.

• Valerie said:

#1 is so perfect! I like that one the best!

• Minna said:

I like #3 the most!

• Shannon said:

#1 is my favourite because for all of the quotes that we can think of, they mean nothing if we don’t put the wise words into action.

• Kristi said:

They are all very good but I will have to go with #1 for sure; for our actions speak louder than our words and sometimes by not saying anything and just doing something will mean more to someone. Haven’t you ever had a good friend that was there for you when you were the downest of downs and all they did was to sit by you, let you put your head on their shoulders, cry and then hand you a kleenex…to me that would mean way more than a “you’ll get through this or he’s a jerk for letting you go”…you get the point!!

I think it is extremely important to be gracious in your life. Number three rings true with me.

Gratitude is something that should be celebrated daily, not just on Thanksgiving (;

• Carly said:

I like # 5. When we almost lost our Newborn son in May, I am was and I am thankful for every blessing, prayer or thought that people sent our way. This thanks giving I was thankful for being a family of 4 when just a few shorts months ago we were not sure if Jackson would live <3 He is a blessing and I am thank-ful for him each and everyday for fighting so hard to stay alive.

• Ila said:

If you want to obtain a good deal from tis post
    then you have to apply these strategies to your won web site.

Feel free to visot my blog post; SEO in hertfordshire
    (Ila)