Home » Moms

Will You Make an Eco-Friendly Promise?

4 February 2011 15 Comments

2011 is going to be a very special year for the BornFree family. We’re taking our commitment to Mother Earth seriously and are unveiling new Eco Deco bottles that will be available in stores soon!  You’ve probably already seen the Eco-Friendly Classic bottles and we hope you love the Eco-Deco ones just as much!

As we continue to think of new ways to heal and protect our environment we’d know what commitments you’ve made to green up your lifestyle! See below for a fun weekend contest!

Learn more about our line of Eco-Friendly bottles here: http://www.newbornfree.com/Eco-Friendly/109981/Info.aspx

Contest: Will you make an Eco-Friendly promise? What’s one thing you can start or stop doing to help the environment? One person receives a Twin Pack of Eco-Friendly Bottles.

The winner is Kari with the email address: ks*****@hotmail.com

• Olivia's Mama said:

We are going to buy toys and other household items that have reduced packaging so we can help to stop the waste.

We have been trying to buy most of our toys second hand. There is so much good quality, lightly used stuff out there!

• Kristi said:

Sometimes it’s the smallest changes that make a big difference. I would like to start relying less on sandwich baggies and plastic wrap for my husband’s daily lunches. He needs to find a bigger “lunch box” to bring to work so if he does then I could look into finding size-appropriate tupperware. Because if you think about it, 2 sandwiches a day, fruit and/veggies and other snacks that are not pre-packaged…that adds up to a lot of plastic that is used. I already pack my son’s snacks in containers for his diaper bag…so I’m in the right direction!!

• Tweets that mention BornFreeMom » Blog Archive » Will You Make an Eco-Friendly Promise? -- Topsy.com said:

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by EverythingMomandBaby, BornFreeCanada. BornFreeCanada said: A new weekend contest is up! Have a wonderful weekend, BornFree family! http://fb.me/UE6F0htH [...]

Breastfeeding is a pretty green option! We’ve also bought a tonne of our baby clothes, toys, and gear second hand, and I walk (with the baby) to run errands when the weather cooperates (as in, it’s not -20 — rain and snow are ok by me).

• Lindsay said:

We cloth diaper! Saving lots of waste from the landfills.

• Colleen said:

We are very environmentaly friendly, we use an eco friendly washing machine, we are going to try an organic laundy soap, I buy all kinds of organic baby products. We shut off lights and only drive when we really need too. I am also a big fan of second hand baby items :)

• Roxanne said:

Clothes, toys, baby gear is and will be continued to be bought second had. As well as making our own baby food and natural house hold cleaners.
    This year we are trying to use less plastic wrap and baggies for lunches.

• Catharine said:

Cloth diapering and using second hand items and clothing is a great way to be eco-friendly

• Sarah Ahmad said:

Some changes we have made at home:
    *After doing the laundry let the clothes air dry on a rack
    *We don’t buy bottled water, we use a reusable stainless steel container to carry our water around
    *We use reusable containers to store our food in
    *My daughter takes her lunch to school in a reusable lunch box, never plastic bags.

• Kari L. said:

To be eco-friendly, we:
    -use energy efficient appliances and light bulbs
    -do our laundry at non-peak hours and air dry as much clothing as possible
    -hand-wash many of our dishes to minimize the number of dishwasher loads we run
    -stay active and choose to walk or bike whenever possible as opposed to taking the car

I guess that’s more than one! Ha!

• Tara said:

We recyle our laundry water. The rinse water drains into a laundry sink and then we put in back in the washer to wash the next load. It requires strategic washing (light to dark) but really saves a lot! We also use soap nuts for laundry soap, cloth diaper (2nd child with same dipes), grow and preserve veggies from our little plot in the back yard, and collect rain water to water the plot.

• Melanie Pellow said:

We are going to start cloth diapering full time instead of part time, we buy and sell on kijiji a lot instead of buying new and throwing out old, we’ll be doing a lot of this in the next little while to clear stuff out before we move. We will be packing everything in giant bins we already own instead of boxes too. We’ll clean our new place in Eco friendly cleaning products (although I guess that isn’t something new). I’m in the process of making reusable snack bags for my son right now! That’ll stop us from buying plastic sandwich bags!

• Ariel Spalding said:

- use bornfree products :)
    - bring my own re-usable bags grocery shopping
    - recycle all recyclable materials in my home
    - use cloth diapers when the baby comes
    - we already walk/bike everywhere instead of drive
    - use more second hand stuff (toys, clothes etc.) when baby comes and now for our 4 year old

• Nike Air Max Ultra 365 Shoes said:

In a series of votes during the day, the Senate rejected a move by Sen. John Thune, R-S.D., to require the installation of 350 miles of fencing along the U.S.-Mexico border before legalization can begin for anyone currently in the United States illegally.