Home » Contests, Moms

A Message of Hope from BornFree® Japan

24 March 2011 8 Comments

As you already know, Japan has been going through a tragic disaster that has dramatically affected the lives of many families, mothers, and babies. Our hearts are with this country and their people who have been such an inspiration to all of us.

We’ve been in close contact with BornFree® Japan and our team members, led by our BornFree® Japan Mom Ambassador, Keiko, have been keeping us updated. We’re so happy to be able to say that our team in Japan is safe.

photo credit: fitorfat.com

Keiko is the mother of a 3-year-old girl and is 7 months pregnant and wanted to share a message with all of you:

“It’s been two weeks since the great earthquake in Japan, and the number of death and missing are over 25,000, and more than 500,000 are still evacuating from disaster area or nuclear issue. Everyday we see the news on paper and TV about the little kids who lost both parents, still looking for their missing moms, moms who lost their kids….very very sad stories. Relief supplies are still difficult to reach people’s hand efficiently because of the level of disaster (streets and bridges are broken, serious shortage of gas etc). The other two BornFree® Japan Ambassadors and I have been talking about how we can help. We heard on the news that Twitter and Skype have been working better than cellphone or land phone lines in some disaster area. If your community is willing, we’d love to receive some encouraging words from worldwide to Japanese moms and babies who are going through rough times, to let them know our heart goes to them….we will translate them and share those on Japanese BornFree® Twitter and Facebook.” – Keiko

Please leave your kind words or hope and encouragement for moms and families in Japan below! We know how full of amazing people our community is and can’t wait to pass along your sentiments. Because Saturday, March 26th is BornFree Day, we’ll be choosing two commenters to send a Twin Pack of any bottle or cup variety of their choice. http://www.newbornfree.com

This is just part of our plan to step up for families in Japan. We’ll keep all of you updated and have a second message from Keiko soon!

The winner is Michelle with the email address: michellev*****@hotmail.com

• Christine said:

Dear Keiko and all those whose lives have been drastically changed as a result of the earthquake and tsunami,

We have a very special connection to Japan, as I was a teacher in Fukuyama-shi, Hiroshima-ken for a few years. Many of my friends and former students still reside in Japan, so when the news reached us here in Canada, I was in shock. We would like to send our thoughts and would also like you to know that my women’s group is raising funds to send over to Japan in order to help families who have lost everything.

Please note that this comment is not intended for the receipt of a twin bottle pack or cup, as I am on the Mom Panel. I’d just like to send our thoughts to everyone in Japan. I’m also making origami cranes with all the local kids to send over.

Gambatte o kudasai! :)

• Suzanne DS said:

I’m a mother of 2 and everytime my kids and I watch videos on news and see images from the recent earthquake/tsunami in Japan, I’m always in tears and very heart broken. I feel your pain and sorrow.

My family is always praying for all the people of Japan. Keep the faith, God is with us.

• Jessica said:

The people of Japan have been in my prayers since the earthquake/tsunami happened. The coverage on the news just breaks my heart, I can’t even begin to imagine dealing with it first hand. I hope that all those lost will find each other soon. Hearing about families finding each other through internet/ text messages is almost bitter sweet knowing there are so many families still missing members.
    I have donated some money, wish I had more to give.
    Thinking of Japan every moment of the day. You are in my heart.

• Amanda said:

I am the mom of 3 boys. I hav bee following all the tragic events in Japan. My heart just breaks as I watch all the videos and news reports. I wanted to share with you something my oldest son said to me. As I was watching the news one evening they were speaking to a woman who was telling about what happened to her and her family. I sat with my son who is 6. I had been explaining to him over the past few days about natural disasters and how they effect the world. As we were watching this poor woman started saying how she was with her young daughter when the wave hit. Sh was swept up and carried away. Tears were pouring from this womans eyes. She said that the currant pulled her young daughter away from her and carried her away.The mom was desperate to try and find her daughter. I had tears in my eyes watching this. I could not immagine the pain this mom was going through. My son turned to me and started asking me about this woman. He asked where her daughter was I said she didnt know. He asked if the little girl was hurt or if she had died. Again I replied to him that I didn’t know. I explained to him that there were many people missing and many that were hurt and killed. He then looked at me and said it’s ok though mommy. I asked him how was it going to be ok. He replied to me because some times really bad things happen but Jesus was with them and if they were missing he would help them and if they were hurt he would make them better and if they died they were with him in heaven and that heaven was such a wonderful place. This jut touched my heart. So to those that are missing loved ones or are hurt or lost loved ones from the words of my 6 year old Jesus is with you and will continue to be. We pray that things will begin to look up and the country can heal.

• Michelle said:

My heart goes out to all the people of Japan. To those who have lost family and friends, I am so sorry.To those still trying to cope with this tragedy, stay strong, People all over the world are praying for you and thinking of you everyday. We know that you will pull through and come out even Stronger.
    For anyone who has lost a child, I can’t imagine your pain, but know they are still with you in your heart each day.

• Sarah Ahmad said:

Watching the coverage on the Japan earthquake has been extremely heartbreaking. I pray to God to grant them strength and courage to pass through this difficult time. I have always been in awe of Japan as a country and as a nation and I hope and pray that they will pass this difficult time with courage and strength. Lots of love to the people of Japan and remember that the entire world is praying for you.

• Kristi said:

Dear Japan and especially all the moms & kids out there.
    I am a mother to a 16 month old son, named Lucas, who is the light of our days and nights. Watching what you have all been through and continue to go through has broken my heart and I have cried watching the news and seeing the heartwrenching devastation that you are going through. I look into Lucas’ eyes and can’t imagine a life without them looking back at me and puckering up to give me a kiss. Please stay strong and know that we are all praying for you and hoping that you will be able to find some normalcy soon so that you can hug your children without fear.
    We live on the West Coast of British Columbia and on a fault line. We live in that fear of our turn for “the big one” and have been procrastinating for some time now to get our emergency kit ready. But, as bittersweet as it is, it is b/c of the tragedy that you have gone through that has prompted us to talk and get our family ready. So, as sad as it is for me to say this, I want to thank you for getting us ready and we will remember what you have/are going through always…it wasn’t in vain so please stay strong. Hugs from BC Canada.

• guru focus said:

say the future seems bleak for CIT – noting that the company’s funding costs exceed its return on assets.

In short the buying and selling pattern that is occurring
    in the stock indicates, in general, that investors are willing to buy the stock and hold anticipating a recovery in the
    company and its business. “Its not enough that these institutions of phony balloonery recently took trillions of dollars out of the economy by finally being forced to come clean about the collapse of the derivitaves markets around the globe where $500 trillion worth of fluff has some how disappeared off the balance sheets of thousands of offshore tax haven entities all of a sudden”, said
    the Penny King from his perch high atop a mountain overlooking a valley some where in Northern Canada where temperatures are
    continuing to drop.